Summer is officially here and we’ve officially dusted off our grills! Who else is ready for summer?
Our favorite grilling recipe this summer is a grilled veggie kabob. This is the perfect side or entrée to enjoy on the patio on hot summer nights or BBQ parties. My 5-minute lime crema adds the perfect, creamy-citrus touch. Enough said, let’s fire up our grills!
Kabobs can be easily grilled, broiled in the oven or cooked on a stovetop using a grill pan.
For vegetables, I chose a mix of what’s available at our local farmer’s market. Such as sweet potatoes, garlic shoots, cherry tomatoes, zucchini, carrots, yellow squash, red onions, garlic cloves, and anaheim peppers. All they need is a little oil, salt + pepper, and the grill will take care of the rest.
The Lime Crema adds a bright citrus note to these Kabobs, Yum!
Enjoying this Recipe, Give These A Try Also
Great reads to check out
- Epicurious: 63 best grilled vegetables for barbecues
How to Make Veggie Kabobs
Servings: 6 | Course: Main Dish, Side Dish
- 1 Green Zucchini
- 1 Yellow Squash
- 4-5 Garlic shoots
- 3 Carrots
- 3 Sweet Potatoes
- 1 Red onion
- ½ lb Cherry Tomatoes
- 2 Anaheim peppers
- 5- 6 Garlic Cloves
- 3-4 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
Prep: 15 Minutes | Cook: 20 Minutes
Time needed: 35 minutes.
- Soaking Bamboo Skewers: Before you start make sure to pre-soak your bamboo skewers for at least 30 minutes.
- In a tray drizzle in ½ the olive oil. Skewer your veggies leaving 2 inches of room at the bottom of the stick. Drizzle remaining olive oil on the Kebabs along with the salt & pepper. These are now ready to grill right away and enjoy!
- Try this with our Beyond Burger
- Leaving at least 2 inches of room at the bottom of your skewers to help with handling on the grill or stove.