A savory nut spread made with organic tahini and garlic. Perfect spread for sandwiches, pita, salads, and a great dip for crudités & chips!
Tahini Spreads are very versatile such as making our Tahini Garlic Nut Spread. You can easily elevate the dip by using just about any fresh ingredients and spices. We know tahini as typically used in making hummus. But honestly, you can make any spread with tahini. We used our secret ingredient, leftover nut pulp from our nut milk recipe. If you’re asking why? that is a great question! The answer is, this will provide a more smooth and creamy texture. Let’s not forget about garlic and lemon which will add brightness and extra flavor!
Our Tahini Spread is a perfect snack to enjoy with tortilla chips or fresh veggies, as a spread for sandwiches, or dressing for your salads. It’s dairy-free, vegan friendly, fully plant-based and a great alternative to other sauces and dips. Know that this does not last long in our households whenever it is made! We are positive this will be a hit with your friends and family and a recipe you can enjoy for years to come!
WATCH THIS QUICK VIDEO OF OUR TAHINI GARLIC NUT SPREAD RECIPE
And subscribe to my YouTube Channel for weekly cooking videos!
Why Use Tahini?
Tahini is a paste made from toasted, ground sesame seeds. It has a light and nutty flavor. According to Healthline, “it is widely used in many dishes around the world, particularly in Mediterranean and Asian cuisine.” Some of the benefits of tahini are their anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties, being rich in antioxidants, and able to protect your liver and kidney functions. Amazing!
Measurements: 1 Tablespoon (15g) 3g protein, 8g fat, 3g carbs
Tahini can make a great stand-alone spread or dip for pita bread, meat, and vegetables. Did you know you can use tahini in baked goods? Yep!
Benefits of Using Garlic
Garlic is a vegetable known to combat sickness and the common cold for centuries. Reason being that it contains compounds with strong remedial properties. It has been shown to help reduce high blood pressure and hypertension as well as improving your cholesterol levels. Garlic is so delicious and easy to use in many sauces and dishes.
What is Nut Pulp?
Nut Pulp are the solids left from your nuts after straining your nut milk. To learn how to make nut milk, see our post here. There are many things you can do with nut pulp, such as incorporating it into a spread, making meal flour, or even baking crackers to list a few.
Did You Know?
According to Wikipedia, Tahini is of Arabic origin. The oldest mention of sesame is 4000 years ago that describes the custom of serving the gods sesame wine.
How To Make Tahini Garlic Nut Spread
Servings: 2 Cups | Course: Dip, Appetizer | Cuisine: Mediterranean
- 4 Tbsp Organic Tahini
- ½ Cup Filtered Water
- 7 Cloves Garlic (peeled)
- ½ Lemon (zest and juiced)
- 1 Cup Homemade Nut Base (refer to our recipe)
- ½ Cup Nut Pulp (reserved from your nut milk)
- 1 Tsp Salt + Pepper (to taste)
- 1 Tbsp Sesame Seeds (more for garnish)
- Avocado Oil (drizzle for garnish)
- Ground Paprika (for garnish)
Prep: 15 minutes
Time needed: 15 minutes.
- Peel your Garlic Cloves and set them aside on a plate. Then zest half a lemon.
- With that same lemon, juice it with a citrus squeezer.
- Add your cup of water in the blender. Then tahini, garlic, nut base, nut pulp, sesame seeds, lemon juice + zest, and freshly cracked black pepper. Blend this until you get a smooth creamy consistency.
- Transfer the Tahini Garlic Nut Spread into an airtight container.
- Top off this delicious tahini garlic nut spread with sesame seeds and light drizzle of avocado oil.
- Simply enjoy it with tortilla chips, pita, and more! Dig in!
If you like our savory nut spread recipe, be sure to try our sweet nut spread, healthy Homemade Nutella.