FINGER LICKING FINGERLING POTATOES! A quick and easy recipe made with your favorite potatoes and rosemary!
Potatoes… What can we say not say about it? Everybody’s favorite side dish for any occasion. What we love about this recipe is that it takes simple ingredients like olive oil, rosemary, salt+pepper, and most importantly POTATOES!
There are so many varieties of potatoes from yellow, red to purple as well as the sizes they offer. You can surely play with the ingredients and recreate this dish however you like. If you are a Mash Potato Lover, we have a recipe for you too! Check out our post here.
WATCH THIS QUICK VIDEO OF OUR ROASTED ROSEMARY POTATOES RECIPE
And subscribe to my YouTube Channel for weekly cooking videos!
This spud is one of the most versatile vegetables that you can find. You can create many dishes and snacks such as french fries, potato chips, roasted potatoes, mash potatoes, and typically found in many hardy soups. If you thought there was only one kind of potato, there are about 20 varieties offered in the United States. From russet, red, white, yellow, blue/purple, fingerling, and petite (baby) potatoes!
Some of the amazing benefits potatoes offer it is rich in antioxidant and fiber that will aid in your digestive health and heart health such as keeping cholesterol and blood sugar level in check.
Rosemary is an herb that is natively grown in the Mediterranean region. Now, grown worldwide and even in our own home. Rosemary tends to be used as a spice to enhance our dishes in cooking, but you can find it to become essential oil, and made into tea. The benefits of rosemary are it has a good source of iron, calcium, and vitamins such as A, C, and B6 as well as being rich in antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties. It can also aid in improving memory and digestion health. When not using for cooking, the oil of rosemary is amazing in aromatherapy for improving mood, calming the mind, and relieving stress.
Garlic is a vegetable to be known to combat sickness and the common cold for centuries being that it contains compounds with strong remedial properties. It has been shown to help with high blood pressure and hypertension along with improving your cholesterol levels. Garlic is so delicious and easily used in many sauces and dishes.
Ingredients You Will Need
Servings: 6-8 | Course: Side Dish | Cuisine: American
- 2 lbs Fingerling Potatoes (sliced 1/4-1/2″ thick, about same size as a halved baby potato)
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 4 Cloves Garlic (minced or pressed)
- 2 Tbsp Fresh Rosemary (chopped, additional for garnish)
- Celtic Sea Salt (to taste)
- Fresh Ground Pepper (to taste)
Prep: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 40 minutes
Time needed: 50 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 400°F.
- Take your cutting board and cut your fingerling potatoes about ¼ to ½-inch thick (about the same size as baby potatoes).
- Place the cut potatoes into a medium baking pan. Then drizzle your olive oil onto the potatoes.
- Next, cut the sprigs of rosemary and add the minced garlic into the potatoes. Be sure to generously season with salt and pepper. Then use your hands to mix everything together to ensure it is well-seasoned.
- Roast the potatoes for about 35-40 minutes or until crispy. Occasionally stirring for even roasting.
- Plate the roasted potatoes and garnish with fresh rosemary (optional). Ready to enjoy with your meal!