Our Pistachios 101 is everything you need to know about pistachios. From nutrition, health benefits, and how to use pistachios!
Pistachios are a healthy and delicious treat for sweet and savory snacks and foods! Great for using as a crust/breading on your desserts or protein and as a garnish to almost everything! The perfect snack to just crack the shell open to get that delicious morsel of a nut. The pistachio tree is native to regions of Central Asia, including present-day Iran and Afghanistan. (1)
Fun fact: Did you know that pistachios are a member of the cashew family? The pistachio tree can even live possibly up to 300 years. That’s so crazy!
1 Ounce (28 grams) of raw unroasted pistachios contains:
- Fiber: 3 grams
- Protein: 6 grams
- Fat: 12.5 grams
- Carbs: 8 grams
Benefits of Pistachios
- Rich in vitamin B6 and potassium.
- High in protein, fiber, and antioxidants.
- High in lutein and zeaxanthin which promotes eye health.
- Fewer calories and more protein than most other nuts.
- May aid in weight loss.
- Promotes healthy gut bacteria.
- May help lower blood pressure and cholesterol.
- Supports reproductive health.
What you can make with Pistachios
- Nut Butter
- Nut Milk
- Nut/Granola Bars
- Candied Nuts
- Baked Goods
- Garnishing for salads, yogurts, and etc.
Pistachios recipes you would like…
- Chocolate Pomegrante Barks
- Homemade Granola