This year is all about making cooking easy, budget-friendly, and cutting your time in the kitchen in half. The goal is to find meals cooked under 30 minutes with simple meal prep. Having everyone home where we constantly spend time in the kitchen has made us lean toward meals we can make in a jiffy! 3 sheet pans and 4 full bellies later, we found a winner. This One Pan Hot Dogs and vegetable dish is not only easy to make but budget-friendly!
Nothing like the smell of delicious comfort food filling your house all while knowing quite well that it took you little to no effort. (We deserve a pat on the back or air-high fives!)We are super excited to share a favorite recipe that is not only Whole30 friendly but Dairy-free & Gluten-free. For a Plant-Based Diet, you can substitute the hot dogs for plant-based hot dogs.
We have used this recipe for quick Morning Brunches and easily you can substitute Sausages for hot dogs. If you’re feeling adventurous maybe even some Turkey Bacon!
I will be sharing the price breakdown of all the ingredients by servings and as a whole. While organic may seem more expensive, I am showing the price breakdown to explain eating healthy isn’t always expensive! Keep in mind I will be omitting salt & pepper from the price calculation since they are a pantry staple. Prices may vary from state to state as these prices reflect Washington State prices.
Notes: We like crispy hot dogs but if you prefer less crisp and more of a bite then add in the hot dogs after the first 15 minutes have passed.
Total Break Down of Recipe Cost ~ $14.32 / $1.79 per (8) serving
How To Make One Pan Hot Dogs and Vegetables
Servings: 8 | Course: Dinner | Cuisine: American
- 12 oz. Fork in the road mini hot dogs
- 4 Organic Rainbow Carrots
- 2 Organic Sweet Potatoes
- 5 Organic Golden potatoes
- ½ Red onion
- 4 Garlic cloves
- Oil, Salt & Pepper to Taste
Prep: 5 minutes | Cook Time: 25-30 minutes
Time needed: 35 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line the baking sheet with parchment or baking mat.
- Diced vegetables and add to a sheet pan. Combine the carrots, sweet potatoes, golden potatoes, red onion, garlic, olive oil, and a few pinches of salt + pepper to taste. Toss the pieces until evenly coated.
- Add in your mini hot dogs. Roast them on a baking sheet for 25-30 minutes, or until soft. (If looking for less crispy hot dogs add in 15 minutes after roasting time)
- Remove from the oven and cool. Enjoy!