Our Macadamia Nuts 101 is everything you need to know about macadamia nuts. From nutrition, health benefits, and how to use macadamia nuts!
Macadamia Nuts are native to Australia and various places such as Brazil and Hawaii. Eating small amounts each day may help reduce heart disease risk factors, such as high cholesterol and inflammation. Macadamia nuts may reduce hunger and promote feelings of fullness, which can benefit weight loss. (1)
Macadamia nuts are amazing and can be incorporated into your diet easily. Whether you are baking, garnishing, or snacking on them, they provide many nutritional benefits. What’s not to like about them?
1 Ounce (28 grams) of raw unroasted macadamia nuts contains:
- Fiber: 3 grams
- Protein: 2 grams
- Fat: 23 grams
- Carbs: 4 grams
Benefits of Macadamia Nuts
- High in healthy fats, vitamins, and minerals.
- Rich in monounsaturated fat that aids in reducing your LDL “bad” cholesterol levels.
- Loaded with antioxidants such as flavonoids and tocotrienols.
- May help reduce heart disease risk factors.
- May contribute to lowering blood sugar levels.
- May aid in weight loss.
- Helps support your gut health.
- Boost brain health and prolong longevity.
- Has anti-cancer properties.
What you can make with Macadamia Nuts
- Nut Butter
- Nut Milk
- Nut Flour/Meal/Pulp
- Nut/Granola Bars
- Candied Nuts
- Baked Goods
- Garnishing for salads, yogurts, and etc.
Macadamia Nut recipes you would like…
- White Chocolate Macadamia Cookies
- Homemade Granola