London Fog Latte is an Earl Grey Tea Latte that can be enjoyed hot or cold, All you’ll need is milk, vanilla, and sweetener. Let’s get sipping!
Have you ever wanted to know how to create a London Fog? It’s the perfect tea latte recipe, with a touch of sugar and a caffeine boost. Ideal for a morning or even an afternoon pick-me-up!
Ingredients You Will Need
- Earl Grey Tea: The star of this drink is Earl Grey, and it cannot be called a London Fog without it. To make a better cup of tea, use loose tea or tea sachets instead of tea bags for the best cup of tea.
- Water: This will help brew the tea leaves and bring out the flavors. If you are planning to enjoy it cold, brew the tea hot and allow it to steep longer and pour over ice.
- Vanilla Syrup: You cannot make London Fog Latte without vanilla as this is the second key ingredient. It enhances the flavor of the tea to make it more delicious. Learn how to make vanilla syrup in 5 minutes!
- Dried Lavender: Not only pretty as a garnish, adds additional flavor with the earl grey tea when brewed.
- Milk: Use your preferred choice of milk. I like using nut milk or oat milk.
Tips On Making London Fog Latte
- One way of frothing milk like a pro at home is to use an electric milk frother, which both heats and froths the milk. If you don’t have a milk frother, don’t worry! Just heat up some milk in a pot and then use a Fresh Press to pump the milk to double in volume. (neat trick!)
- If you don’t have or don’t like lavender, feel free to leave it out. It’s still yum!
- Don’t have loose tea? Not a problem! Use 2 teaspoons of Earl Grey loose tea from 1 tea sachet or 1 tea bag. Still makes a perfect cup of London Fog Latte. Yes!
London Fog Latte pairs great with desserts such as:
- Mini Lemon Shortbread Tarts
- Gluten-Free Lavender Lemon Poppy Cake
- Gluten-Free Pecan Shortbread Bars
- Gluten-Free Pancakes
How To Make London Fog Latte
Servings: 1 Cup, 16 oz. | Course: Drinks | Cuisine: American
- ¾ Cups Hot Water
- 1 Tsp Earl Grey (Loose Leaf or Tea Bag)
- 1 Cup Milk (milk of choice, steamed)
- 2 Tbsp Vanilla Syrup (see our homemade recipe)
Prep: 5 minutes | Cook: 5 minutes
Time needed: 10 minutes.
- Using a French Press:
In a small pot, add in your choice of milk. Allow it to heat up to 165°F on medium heat. (If you like your beverage extra hot, heat up to 185°F)
- While the milk is heating up, In your mug add the hot water and earl grey tea. Allow it to steep for 5 minutes.
- Remove the milk from the heat and pour it into a French press. Using the press, move it up and down and this will help froth up the milk.
- Remove the loose tea from the mug and add the vanilla syrup. Lastly, pour your frothy milk and stir.
- Garnish with lavender and Enjoy!
- Using a Milk Frother:
1. In the milk frother, add in your choice of milk. Allow it to heat up and froth to your desired liking.
2. While the milk is heating up, In your mug add the hot water and earl grey tea. Allow it to steep for 5 minutes.
3. Remove the loose tea from the mug and add the vanilla syrup. Lastly, pour your frothy milk and stir. Garnish with lavender and Enjoy!