Lavender-infused lemonade from scratch! A refreshing floral take on lemonade.
For those of you struggling from the sweltering hot summer sun, here’s a refreshing drink that will quench your thirst, a lavender-infused lemonade! Lemons and lavender are the perfect pair for summer drinks and desserts.
Did you know lavender is edible and a little bit can go a long way? Yep. What is so great about this recipe is that we made a homemade lavender syrup and added it into a classic easy lemonade recipe.
Lavender can be made into a tea by brewing the dried purple buds with hot water. Some of the benefits of just drinking this alone can help relax nerves, enhance skin health, and aid in sleep.
Benefits of Lemons
Lemons are high in vitamin C and have helped reduce heart disease, anemia, and digestive issues. Having freshly squeezed lemon juice by hand will have no preservatives, less time to oxidize, and be brighter in flavor. Lemons are known to help with apples and even avocados from oxidizing or turn brown. Even before juicing the lemon, you can zest the skin and freeze them for up to 3 months. It is great for baked goods to give added brightness.
Lavender lemonade, I’m sure, is the cure to sweltering hot days. It’s refreshing and sweet (but not too sweet), with a subtle taste that makes it feel sophisticated and perhaps a little fancy. It’s ideal for brunches, celebrations, and get-togethers with friends because it’s sure to impress.
How To Make Lavender Lemonade
Servings: 1 ½ Cups | Course: Sweetener | Cuisine: American
- 4 Cups Cold Filtered Water
- 1 ½ Cups Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice
- ½ Cup Lavender Syrup
- Raw Honey or Simple Syrup (optional for additional sweetness)
- 1 Lemon (Sliced for garnish)
Prep: 10 minutes
Time needed: 10 minutes.
- Grab the 8-cup Measuring Cup and squeeze your lemons. Then, add the water and lavender syrup. With a spoon give everything a good stir.
- On your chopping board, slice some lemons for garnishing. Set it aside.
- In the pitcher, add ice to your liking. Now, pour the lavender lemonade over ice and add lemon slices.
- Pour in a glass and garnish with a sprinkle of lavender and slice lemons. Lastly, Enjoy!