No Oven? No Problem!
Here is a quick and easy Sauteed Garlic Brussels Sprouts recipe.
These tender greens are delicious plain or with a sprinkle of parmesan.
Sauteed Brussels Sprouts are a simple and perfect side dish with 5 ingredients that you have already at home! They are tender and still pack a crunch.
All it takes to bring out that sweet and nutty deliciousness of Brussels sprouts is a bit of oil, garlic, some salt and pepper, and a stovetop. With little to no effort, you will have a dish everyone will love!
Many of my friends and family never had or disliked brussels sprouts. Yet, last Thanksgiving all that had changed. With my brussels sprout side dish, they were so impressed that it took few ingredients to create such flavor. So, I know your friends and family will love this recipe too!
WATCH THIS QUICK VIDEO OF OUR SAUTE BRUSSELS SPROUTS RECIPE
And subscribe to my YouTube Channel for weekly cooking videos!
Why Brussels Sprouts?
Brussel sprouts have many health benefits such as decreasing inflammation and improving blood sugar control. It contains high antioxidants, fiber, vitamins, and minerals. Vitamin K especially plays a vital role in aiding our body as it helps with bone growth and blood clots. It also contains ALA Omega-3 Fatty Acids which is most commonly found in fish and flaxseed. Now, if you do not eat fish, this is a great alternative. You can say that brussels sprouts are a well-balanced vegetable from nutrients to preparation. The options are endless. You can roast, boil, sautée, and bake brussels sprouts with simply just olive oil, salt, and pepper.
How To Choose Your Brussels Sprouts
When it comes to choosing Brussels sprouts, you have a few options when buying pre-packed, loose, or a fresh stalk. Either will work fine, I like loose brussels sprouts so I can pick them similar in size and don’t have to chop them off the stalk.
Just make sure to take a close look at the texture and color of the sprouts. You want them to be bright green and firm.
Our Top Favorite Cooking Oils
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil: this is the healthiest oil that contains good fats and great in antioxidants. This is best for dressings and cooking on low to medium heat. Not ideal for baking.
- Avocado Oil: is unrefined oil with healthy fats and vitamin E. It is also a neutral oil so it won’t add any additional flavor. Just keep in mind that it is a bit more expensive than other healthy oils.
- Coconut Oil: Coconut does have a subtle coconut flavor that best for muffins, brownies, cookies, and cake. When using this to roast any veggie keep in mind this will add a subtle sweetness.
There are many options out there so feel free to experiment.
Now onto the good stuff!
Ingredients You Will Need
How to Make Sauteed Brussels Sprouts
Servings: 8 | Course: Side Dish | Cuisine: American
- 1 ½ lbs Brussels Sprouts (halved)
- 4 Tbsp Olive or Avocado Oil
- 1 Tsp Salt (to taste)
- 1 Tsp Pepper (to taste)
- 2 Tsp Garlic (minced or pressed)
- Grated Parmesan Cheese (optional)
Prep: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 20 minutes
Time needed: 30 minutes.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add brussels sprouts and toss to coat.
- Season with salt and pepper. Cook undisturbed until 6 – 8 minutes. Then stir and cook another 6-8 minutes until fork-tender.
- Next, add in the remainder of 2 tablespoons oil and the garlic. Stir until fragrant.
Remove from heat and enjoy!
Optional: grated parmesan