Coconut Whipped Cream is a healthy vegan & dairy-free alternative. Easy enough that our delicious recipe can be hand mixed in 5 minutes!
Coconut Whipped Cream can be made into an interactive family fun treat and have the family join in with the mixing! Watch our video on how easy this was to put together for a quick 3 ingredient whipped cream. All you will need is a hand whisk, vanilla extract, powder sugar, coconut cream, and some elbow grease to get started.
WATCH THIS QUICK VIDEO OF OUR COCONUT WHIPPED CREAM RECIPE
And subscribe to my YouTube Channel for weekly cooking videos!
Why Coconut Cream?
Coconut cream is a wonderful dairy-free alternative to regular heavy whipping cream. Using the cream that separates from the coconut water is ideal. The easiest way to do this is by putting your can in the fridge. It’s that simple! Just place your can in the fridge for a couple of hours and this will allow the cream and water to separate, leaving you with thick coconut cream, perfect for whipped cream.
Benefits of Coconut
According to WebMD, “Coconut is generally regarded as a source of healthy fat.” They contain protein, fiber, and essential minerals.
Measurements: 2 Tbsp 3g Fat, 2g Carb, 1g Fiber, 1g Sugar, <1g protein
Coconut has been around for centuries and has been a huge part of traditional medicine. Coconut meat helps aid in easing inflammation, killing bacteria, and protecting against diseases.
Did You Know?
A fun fact, the amazing uses of this one fruit are coconuts have been grown in tropical regions for more than 4,500 years but recently increased in popularity for their flavor, culinary uses, and potential health benefits (1).
Tips & Trick To Fluff Your Coconut Whipped Cream
- To get the best fluffy texture, you should refrigerate the canned coconut cream overnight. This will help separate the clear liquid from the creamy solids. You can save the liquids for making smoothies and such as we only want the creamy solid. Some of our recommended brands that would make the best-whipped cream are Let’s Do Organic, Native Forest, and Nature’s Charm.
- Cool your Whipping Bowl, Spoon & whisk before you start mixing!
How To Hand Mix Coconut Whipped Cream
Time needed: 15 minutes.
- Grab your chilled bowl and pour your chilled coconut cream in.
- Pour in half of your powdered sugar into the coconut cream and whip until combined. Then add the rest of the powdered sugar and vanilla extract.
- Continue to whip the coconut cream mixture for 4-5 minutes. If it is still not fluffy enough, you can add some more powdered sugar.
- Once fluffed, you can transfer it to an airtight container.
- Time to enjoy it with some fresh strawberries. You can easily add it to your pancakes, desserts, and beverages! Yummy & Fluffy!!!