Estimated reading time: 2 minutes
Au Jus Beef Sauce is the perfect accompaniment for Rib Roast or any roasted beef dish!
Now that your roast is ready, all it’s missing is a delicious sauce to bring all the wonderful flavors together. This beef sauce recipe only requires the drippings from your roast with fresh herbs, wine, and potato starch to thicken into a gravy. Drizzle your au jus sauce generously with your favorite sides and you are going for seconds! Learning to make au jus sauce is the basic to making delicious gravy for any meat roast!
A full belly is a happy belly!
Recipes you will enjoy with Au Jus Sauce
OUR LATEST VIDEO
How To Make Au Jus Beef Sauce
Servings: 8 | Course: Sauces | Cuisine: American
- ¼ Cup Beef Droppings (from roast)
- ¼ Cup Dry Red Wine (Merlot, Pinot Noir, Sangiovese)
- ½ Cup Beef Bone Broth
- Roast Beef Ends
- 1 Sprig Fresh Rosemary
- 1-½ Tsp Potato Starch
- Salt & Pepper (to taste)
Prep: 1 minutes | Cook Time: 5 minutes
Time needed: 6 minutes.
- In a Saucepan add beef droppings and red wine. Bring to a reduction.
- Add in bone broth, any beef ends, rosemary, and bring to a boil.
- Stir in Potato Starch till desired consistency is reached.
- Season with salt and pepper. Remove from flame. If desired you can strain the au jus sauce but we kept the droppings inside our sauce for this recipe.
- Serve hot and Enjoy!
Tip: For a less thick sauce skip the Potato starch & add in an extra ¼ cup of Beef bone broth.