The best crispy French fried onions you will ever try!
It’s gluten-free, dairy-free, and even air-fried!
Inspired by the French’s Fried Onions, we wanted to make it completely guilt-free. Not only is it gluten-free, dairy-free, it’s also air-fried! We love this recipe because this is so amazing on any casserole. Especially, our Creamy Green Bean Casserole made for this Thanksgiving feast! All you will need is sliced onions, coconut cream, and lemon juice. Don’t forget a bit of salt and pepper and the air-fryer! Just be sure to make some extra because you might be snacking away before the casserole made! Hehe…No Judgement!
WATCH THIS QUICK VIDEO OF OUR AIR-FRIED ONIONS RECIPE
And subscribe to my YouTube Channel for weekly cooking videos!
Coconuts can come in many forms from coconut water, milk, sugar, and oil. Coconut cream specifically helps lower blood pressure and cholesterol, reduces fat and builds muscles, as well as improving digestion. It is also a great alternative for those who are lactose intolerant and have an allergy to tree nuts.
Onions are dense in nutrition. Which means they are low in calories and high in vitamins and minerals. Onions are loaded with antioxidants and antibacterial properties. These vegetables are also known to aid in digestion, improve bone density, and control blood sugar.
Lemons are high in vitamin C and have helped reduce heart disease, anemia, and digestive issue. Having freshly squeezed lemon juice by hand will have no preservatives, less time to oxidize, and be brighter in flavor. Even before juicing the lemon, you can zest the skin and freeze them for up to 3 months. It is great for baked goods to give added brightness.
Ingredients You Will Need
How To Make Air-Fried Onions
Servings: 2 Cups | Course: Topping | Cuisine: American
- 1 Cup Coconut Cream
- 1 Cup Yellow Onions (thinly sliced)
- 1 Tsp Lemon Juice
- 1/2 Cup Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Black Pepper
Prep: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 20 minutes
Time needed: 30 minutes.
- Preheat the air-fryer at 400°F.
- Slice up one cup of onions and place them in your large measuring cup. Add in your coconut cream and lemon juice with the onions. Let it soak for 10 minutes.
- In a separate bowl place your gluten-free flour, salt, and pepper and mix. Gently take out the onions from the milk and evenly coat all the onions in the flour.
- Place on an air fryer rack. Spray with cooking oil before placing an air fryer. Air fry for 15-20 minutes at 400° F until completely crispy! (Be careful to keep an eye on these as they do tend to cook fast)
- Take out and let rest, then enjoy these on a casserole or on anything!