These Honey Garlic Soy Chicken Wings make the best party appetizer or a weekday dinner. Be warned that these wings could be gone in an instant!
Soy garlic ginger chicken wings with a kick are a sticky, sweet, and savory appetizer. They’re cooked till brown and flavored with a marinade of soy, honey, and garlic. Serve these scrumptious wings at your next party or on game day. But be warned: they could be gone in an instant! So, be sure to make extras.
These are super easy one-pan chicken wings with a delicious sweet and savory marinade that is perfect for a party appetizer or a Super Bowl event. Regardless, we enjoy eating this with a side of rice and sauteed bok choy for dinner.
Honey Garlic Soy Chicken Wing Ingredients
For the base of wings you’ll need:
- Chicken wings and drumsticks – about 2 pounds (20-24 pieces, separated)
Now for the sauce marinade, honey-garlic-soy is a tasty combination for a taste of Asian flavors. The perfect sweet and savory with a punch of garlic. To make the sauce, these are the ingredients you will need:
- Soy Sauce
- Garlic Cloves
- Avocado Oil or Olive Oil
What To Serve With Chicken Wings
Looking for additional party appetizers to go with your chicken wings? You can always offer fresh veggies like celery sticks, carrot sticks, cucumbers, or bell peppers with a creamy tahini garlic nut spread or tzatziki.
However, if you want to prepare an entire table full of party appetizers, here are a couple of go-to dishes!
How To Make Honey Garlic Soy Chicken Wings
Servings: 4 (5-6 pieces per person)
Course: Appetizer, Dinner | Cuisine: Asian
- 2 lbs chicken wings and drumsticks (20-24 pieces)
- 1 Tbsp Avocado Oil or Olive Oil
- ½ Cup Honey
- ¼ Cup Soy Sauce
- 4-6 Cloves Garlic (minced or pressed)
- ⅛ Cup Water
- Scallion (garnish)
- Toasted Sesame Seeds (garnish)
Prep: 5 Minutes | Marinade: 2 Hours | Cook: 25 Minutes
Time needed: 30 minutes.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the soy, garlic, honey, and water.
- Add in the chicken wings and drumsticks into the marinade. Allow it to refrigerate for about 2 hours or overnight.
- Remove the chicken from the fridge. In a large frying pan, add in the chicken wings and the marinade on medium-high heat for 2 minutes. Once the marinade begins to bubble, lower the heat to medium-low. Then with tongs, give the chicken wings a toss so that they are evenly cooked for an additional 2 minutes. Reduce the heat to low, cover with a lid living a small crack to continue to cook for 20 minutes until the meat is tender. Flip again at least 2 to 3 times during cooking.
- Plate the wings and garnish with fresh chopped scallion and toasted sesame seeds. Grab a wing and enjoy!