Homemade taco seasoning is quick and easy to make and goes well with everything from tacos to vegetables, meat, seafood, rice, beans, soups, salads, and more.
This homemade taco seasoning recipe takes only a few minutes to prepare. It’s also free of preservatives, gluten, and is easily customizable. Much more flavorful than store-bought taco spice mix!
Ingredients For Homemade Taco Seasoning
You will need the following spices to prepare this homemade taco seasoning recipe:
- Chili Powder: in this recipe, we used an American-style chili powder that does not contain cayenne, but still fairly mild in spice.
- Ground cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, and dried oregano: Self-explanatory.
- Paprika: I love paprika, but you could use smoked or sweet paprika instead.
- Salt and black pepper: For this dish, I used fine sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Crushed red pepper flakes: For a spicy kick. You can leave these out if you like a milder taco spice. If you don’t have crushed red pepper flakes on hand, a pinch of cayenne pepper will do the job.
Recipes you can make with Taco Seasonings
- Taco Stuffed Peppers
- Ground Turkey Taco Pasta
- Baked Chicken Tacos
- Taco Veggie Fajitas
More From MGF
How To Make Taco Seasoning
Servings: ¾ Cup | Course: Seasoning
- 4 Tbsp Chili Powder
- 1 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Tsp Onion Powder
- 1 Tsp Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 Tsp Dried Oregano
- 2 Tsp Paprika
- 6 Tsp Ground Cumin
- 4 Tsp Sea Salt
- 4 Tsp Black Pepper
Prep: 1 Minute
Time needed: 2 minutes.
- Combine the ingredients. In a weck jar, mix together all the spices with a spoon. (chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, crushed red pepper flakes, dried oregano, paprika, ground cumin, salt, and pepper.
- Store: Use immediately or cover your weck jar and store for up to a year!