These healthy zucchini pecan muffins will be a hit with you and your family. They’re moist and bursting with wonderful warm spices. But, most importantly, they’re an easy way to hide your veggies!
Zucchini pecan muffins that are perfectly fluffy and delicious while also being sneakily healthy? Now that’s a baked goodie and zucchini recipe I can live with! To prepare this, you just need a few baking ingredients and a huge handful of freshly shredded zucchini.
One thing to keep in mind is that these muffins aren’t as sweet as those you may get in a bakery. Instead, I went with a lighter and more neutral flavor to make them more adaptable. This way, you can pair them with a smear of butter or homemade jam for something a little sweeter. You have choices!
Best Zucchini Muffin Recipe Tips
- It is important to get the moisture out of the zucchini! Too much moisture can create a soggy texture in your muffin and we wouldn’t want that! Be sure to give the grated zucchini a good squeeze before adding it into your wet ingredients.
- Smooth the muffin top.
More Muffin Recipes
Ingredients You Will Needs
Gluten-Free Flour: Whenever we are baking muffins, we always use Bob’s Red Mill Baking Flour Mix. It’s perfect for non-yeasted recipes such as quick bread, muffins, cakes, and more.
Spices: We used cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and cardamom that is a nice warm spice reminding you of fall. Pairing perfectly with chopped pecans that are rich and buttery.
Baking Soda: This Will help the muffin rise with a pinch.
Pecans: Great for an added crunch and texture. Since it’s rich and buttery it pairs really well with the warm fall spices and maple syrup.
Eggs: All you will need is 3 eggs that help with the height and texture of any baked goods.
Plain Yogurt: We used plain cashew yogurt, but you can also use sour cream, apple sauce, or any choice of plain yogurt. This will help with the moistness of the muffin.
Apple Cider Vinegar: By adding this together with the yogurt it is similar to buttermilk, but becomes dairy-free! This helps with fluffing the muffin top while reacting with baking soda.
Maple Syrup: An all-natural sweetener to replace brown sugar and granulated sugar. You can also use honey if you like. Just note that using honey may make it a more dense muffin.
Zucchini: Simply use a box grater and squeeze the excess water from the zucchini. It’s a great way to sneak more veggies into your diet when you can’t even taste them!
More From MGF
How To Make Healthy Zucchini Pecan Muffins
Servings: 12 Muffins | Course: Breakfast | Cuisine: American
- 2 ½ Cups Gluten-Free Baking Flour
- 1 Tsp Tsp Baking Soda
- 2 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
- ½ Tsp Ground Nutmeg
- ½ Tsp Ground Cardamom
- ½ Tsp Ground Cloves
- ½ Tsp Salt
- 1 Cup Chopped Pecans
Prep: 15 Minutes | Cook: 25-28 Minutes
Time needed: 45 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line your muffin tin with 12 muffin cups. Set it aside.
- Next in a large mixing bowl, add in the dry ingredients (gluten-free baking flour, baking soda, spices, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, yogurt, maple syrup, and apple cider vinegar. Grate the zucchinis and squeeze the excess water with a towel or nut milk bag. Add it into the wet ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Stir until the batter is well-mixed. Then, add in the chopped pecan. Next, evenly distribute the batter into the muffin cups.
- Bake the zucchini muffins for 25 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean. Allow them to cool and then enjoy!
- Use a cheesecloth! It is perfect for removing excess moisture from grated zucchini and can be reused to make any nut milk and more.