To a citrus lover, nothing says summer like a grapefruit salad. Bright, with the right amount of bite. This salad is sure to be a hit this summer with your friends and family! This recipe can be easily substituted with many other leafy greens, toppings, and dressings.
Grapefruit is my all-time favorite citrus and is key to this simple and easy 5-minute recipe. There is so much texture in this salad, from the fresh greens and nuts to the soft chunks of grapefruits and raisins. It’s no wonder this is the most requested Summer salad in my home, especially since it caters to a wide variety of dietary and lifestyle choices. Whole 30, Vegan, Vegetarian & Paleo are some of the many diets this recipe can be accommodating to! This is a family favorite that belongs on the top list of Summer Salads everyone can enjoy!
Ingredients You Will Need
- Grapefruit: A subtropical citrus that can be pale yellow to dark pink and range from sour to semi-sweet in taste. It is low in calories, provides immune support & an antioxidant.
- Walnuts: Walnuts are commonly found in a shell or without and have high amounts of antioxidants, Omega 3s, and are known to promote a healthy gut.
- Baby Spinach: Are loaded with a wide variety of vitamins and minerals this superfood is known to provide Calcium, Folate, Iron & Vitamins A & C.
- Baby Arugula: A nutrient-dense leafy green that packs a peppery taste and is high in fiber, calcium, folate but low in calories and carbohydrates.
- Raisins: Naturally fat & cholesterol free these little delights are high in antioxidants and an excellent source of fiber while also aid in digestion.
- Balsamic Vinegar: This versatile dressing contains antimicrobial compounds and antioxidants. It also helps reduce blood sugar while promoting healthy digestion.
Enjoying this Recipe, Give These A Try Also
Great reads to check out…
How to Make Homemade Cajun Seasoning
Servings: 4 | Course: Salad | Cuisine: American
- 8 oz Baby Spinach
- 8 oz Baby Arugula
- 1 Grapefruit
- ½ Lemon (juiced)
- 3 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 3 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- ¼ Cup Walnuts (chopped)
- ¼ Cup Raisins
- Flake Salt (to taste)
Prep: 15 minutes
Time needed: 15 minutes.
- Peel and chop grapefruit into desired chunks. In a bowl, add spinach, arugula, grapefruit chunks, lemon juice, walnuts, raisins, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and salt. Mix well and Enjoy!