Golden milk (turmeric latte) is a superfood latte made creamy and vegan with our delicious homemade cashew almond milk.
What is Golden Milk?
Tumeric or the Indian name “Haldi” is part of the ginger family. Native to tropical South Asia and is widely known for its healing benefits. The most famous one known as “curcumin”. It is very high in anti-inflammatory benefits, loaded with antioxidants, improves brain function, and balances your mood. Why do we not use this more in our daily lives? We are happy to share some of our favorite ingredients to add to your Golden Milk recipes. This is not only caffeine-free but vegan-friendly!
Let’s learn why we should incorporate more turmeric into our diet!
Spices are a great way to add some extra benefits to your diet. Our top picks include:
- Star Anise
Spices not only enhance the flavor, aroma, and color of food and beverages, but they can also protect from acute and chronic diseases.
From the ginger family, turmeric aids your wellness in major ways. It is anti-inflammatory, holds anti-cancer properties, helps with skin conditions. and aids in brain health. Juice this in its natural form with ginger for an immune-boosting power shot.
Tip: One thing to watch out for is how easily this stains just about anything!
OUR LATEST VIDEO
Found in turmeric, curcumin is one of the curcuminoid compounds which help aid in anti-inflammatory and antioxidant benefits. It is known to possibly reduce stress and aid indigestion. This alone is a major reason why we now see so much turmeric awareness.
Dairy-Free and Other Milk Alternatives
There are many options for milk alternatives to choose from. We recommend trying this golden milk with our homemade cashew and almond milk. Other milk alternatives to consider can be oat, rice, coconut, or even soy. According to NCBI, a study showed, “Thus it is clear that nuts have a beneficial impact on many cardiovascular risk factors.
Total Break Down of Recipe Cost ~ $2.44 per 12oz Cup
How To Make Golden Milk
Servings: 1 Cups, 12 oz. | Course: Drink | Cuisine: Indian
- 1 ½ Cup Milk of Choice (we used homemade nut milk)
- 1 Tsp Organic Ground Turmeric
- ¼ Tsp Organic Ground Ginger
- ¼ Tsp Organic Ground Cinnamon
- ¼ Tsp Organic Ground Cardamom
- Pinch Freshly Ground Nutmeg (garnish)
- 1-2 Tbsp Honey (to taste)
Prep: 5 minutes | Cook Time: 10 minutes
Time needed: 15 minutes.
- Using a Saucepan:
1. In a small saucepan add all the ingredients over medium heat and bring to a simmer. Simmer for 8-10 minutes for the flavors to release.
2. Pour into a cup and sprinkle a pinch of nutmeg on top and enjoy.
- Using an Espresso Machine:
1. In your milk pitcher add in milk with the spices. Froth and heat up the milk and spices together to desired temperature.
2. In your mug, add honey for sweetness and then pour your steamed golden milk.
3. Garnish with nutmeg and enjoy!