Oh, crêpes! Are they breakfast or are they a dessert? Doesn’t matter because we made it guilt-free! Vegetarian, gluten-free, grain-free, and dairy-free.
They are made without a traditional crêpe pan and perfect for both sweet & savory occasions. Scroll down for a step-by-step guide or watch the video. You are sure to impress your loved ones with this recipe.
Table of contents
Bonus: We have added 2- ways we love eating our crêpes below, Guilt-Free & Gluten-Free!
Watch us make our Guilt Free Crepes!
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel for weekly cooking videos!
If you’ve been following us on our nut series, this will help you in making these yummy cashew almond crêpes. We will be using our cashew almond nut milk, homemade Nutella, and coconut whipped cream. You can easily make these in advance to speed up your assembling time when serving the crepes.
Origin of Crêpes
What are crêpes you ask? Crepes are a type of very thin pancake that originated from France. They typically come in two types, sweet crêpes, and savory crêpes. Mainly, Crepes are served with different types of fillings, from the simplest powdered sugar to Suzette. So, you can easily add your favorite spreads and fresh fruits to make it fun to eat!
Making The Batter
Crepe batter is typically made with wheat flour or buckwheat flour, eggs, and milk. Unlike pancake batter, do not fear if you see the batter is a bit thin (or watery). The most important part is to ensure there are no lumps in the mix. This is crucial in making perfectly thin layers. In our recipe, we used our homemade cashew almond nut milk which is awesome for those that are looking for a dairy-free option! As well as only using tapioca and coconut flour mix. Yes! Gluten-free too!
Did You Know!
In France and Belgium, crepes are traditionally served on Candlemas, Feb 2 for religious purposes. “In 472 Pope Gelasius I offered Crêpes to French pilgrims that were visiting Rome for celebrating the Chandeleur.” We are happy to report that the tradition continues to this day. Today is a perfect day to make crepes! It’s National Crepe Day!
How To Make Nut Crêpes
Servings: 8 Medium Pieces | Course: Breakfast | Cuisine: French
- ¾ Cup Tapioca Flour
- ¼ Cup Coconut Flour
- 3 Tsp Cane Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Cup Homemade Nut Milk (refer to our recipe)
- Coconut Oil (1-2 Tbsp per crepe as needed)
Prep: 5 minutes | Cook: 25 minutes
Time needed: 30 minutes.
- Combine dry ingredients (tapioca and coconut flour) to the bowl.
- Combine wet ingredients (eggs and homemade nut milk) to bowl.
- Mix until no clumps remain.
- Add in ¼ cup of batter to pan on medium heat.
- Spread it around until it covers the bottom of the pan completely.
- Remove from Pan when Golden brown on both sides! Repeat until you don’t have any batter left.
- Add your favorite filling and toppings to complete the crepes. Here are our 2 favorite ways of filling our nut crepes: