Cauliflower Cilantro Lime Rice a one-skillet meal that is budget-friendly and ready in under 15 minutes. It’s a nutritious, low-carb, and filling guilt-free side dish! Perfectly Plant Based and Whole30 compliant.
Looking for a quick dinner idea? This recipe is our favorite as it’s perfect for a quick whip up and packed with flavor. Try this with our Veggie Fajitas and Lime Crema recipe for the ultimate quick dinner.
I love the flavor and ease of this Cauliflower Cilantro Lime Rice and a clean plate in this family is always a good sign! -Rachel
This recipe is pretty simple and easy since we are using a frozen cauliflower veggie blend! The only thing you have to chop fresh is the onion, jalapeno, scallions, garlic, and herbs. This saves plenty of time on prepping and cleaning cauliflower. I’ve tried using frozen onions for this recipe and it takes a longer time to bring to sear due to the moisture it releases. But feel free to experiment and make this recipe your own! Drop us a comment below on how you cooked this meal.
The good news is that frozen fruits and vegetables have plenty of nutritional value. The choice between fresh and frozen requires you to weigh price and convenience as well as nutrient value. (1)
Cauliflower Cilantro Lime Rice Step By Step
Time needed: 10 minutes.
- Chop Onions, Scallions, Jalapeno, Garlic and Herbs.
- In a big skillet, heat oil. Add the onions, garlic & Jalapeno to the hot oil and cook for 4-5 minutes over medium heat, or until soft and translucent.
- Add in Frozen Cauliflower, Parsley, Scallion, Cilantro and Cook together for 1-2 minutes, or until the cauliflower starts to release some of its water.
- Stir in the vegetable stock and salt. Increase the heat to high and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes..
- Add in lime Juice and remove the pan from the stove. Stir well and serve hot!
Notes: Top with Some Lime Zest for an extra kick of Lime!
Enjoying this Recipe, Give These A Try Also
With the zesty flavors in this recipe, it can go with almost everything. But, in my opinion, it tastes best when combined with a variety of flavors. This way, you can meal prep it and combine it with other ingredients during the week. Be sure to add these recipes to complete your meal:
How To Make Cauliflower Cilantro Lime Rice
Servings: 6 | Course: Dinner | Cuisine: American
- 24 oz. Frozen Cauliflowers (Plain or a blend)
- ½ cup Red onion, Diced
- 1 Jalapeno, Diced
- 3 Garlic Cloves, Diced
- 2 Scallions, Chopped
- 2 Tbsp. Parsley
- 3 Tbsp. Cilantro
- 3 Tbsp. Vegetable Stock
- 2 Tbsp. Lime Juice
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp. Avocado Oil
Prep: 5 minutes | Cook Time: 10 minutes
- In a big skillet, heat the olive oil. Add the onions, garlic & Jalapeno to the hot oil and cook for 4-5 minutes over medium heat, or until soft and translucent.
- Add in Frozen Cauliflower, Parsley, Scallion, Cilantro, and Cook together for 1-2 minutes, or until the cauliflower starts to release some of its water.
- Stir in the vegetable stock and salt. Increase the heat to high and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Add in lime juice and remove the pan from the stove. Stir well and serve hot!