An easy Cajun Garlic Shrimp cooked with ghee made ready to amaze the whole family. A simple dish that is fast to cook, great for meal prep and whole30 & keto-friendly!
Shrimp can be eaten in a variety of ways, from savory to sweet, in tacos and on the grill, in salads, and in one-pan meals like this one. This recipe just did it for me because I love shrimp but also like the convenience of one meal cooked entirely in a skillet. And, as shown by my empty pan, it seemed to have pleased every member of the family as well.
In this recipe, we used our homemade cajun spice mix that is easy to make with things you already have in your spice cabinet! No need to buy another spice mix, hello savings!
For this dish, we recommend using a heavy bottom cast iron pan since it helps get a nice char or sear on the shrimp. We use ghee to make this dish but you can also use coconut, avocado, or olive oil for alternatives!
What To Serve With Cajun Garlic Shrimp
Easy to enjoy together with some of my favorite recipes:
More From MGF
How to Make Caprese Panini
Servings: 4 Sandwich | Course: Main
- 1 ½ lb. Shrimp (peeled & deveined)
- 2 Tbsp. Ghee
- 1 Clove Garlic, (minced or pressed)
- 2 Tbsp. Cajun seasoning (see our recipe)
Prep: 5 Minutes | Cook: 10 Minutes
Time needed: 15 minutes.
- Heat Ghee in a cast iron pan over medium heat and add in garlic to release flavor. Add in shrimp & cajun seasoning. Cook for 5-6 minutes or until cooked.
*Cooking time will vary based on the size of shrimp. We used frozen shrimp for this recipe.
- On a flat griddle over medium-high heat, place your sandwiches to get toasted for about 2 minutes on each side. Place a plate on top of the sandwich to get the same effect as a panini press. Flip and repeat.