A protein-packed warm butternut squash kale salad with apples & nuts. We made it even more nutritious by adding activated charcoal sea salt, apple cider vinegar, and eggs to name a few!
Salads, when made right are truly enjoyable. Especially, if you have a combination of sweet, tart, and savory. By incorporating the mix of immune-boosting ingredients, we were able to create this hearty kale butternut squash salad. You will surely be reaching for this recipe during the cold months.
Why Butternut Squash Kale Salad?
In our kale butternut squash salad, it is rich in antioxidants and protein. What you will find in this salad is all 3 combinations in flavor!
- Tartness: from apples and raisins
- Sweetness: from blueberries and avocado
- Savory: from butternut squash and pearl onions
Tip: Don’t forget by adding pine nuts, it will give you the desired crunch and texture.
Anyone can easily enjoy this butternut squash salad! You can try it best with either our gluten-free panko salmon patties or by itself. Yummy!!! You have endless options that will keep you holding on to the fall season flavors.
OUR LATEST VIDEO
What Are The Benefits?
According to Medical News Today, “The nutritional content of squash makes it beneficial for digestion and blood pressure.” Even for healthy skin and hair, among others to note. Along with that, SFgate mentioned, “Hard boiled eggs fit well in a diet plan because of their generous nutrient content.” All these ingredients are easy to add to your daily diets to get your daily nutrition!
Be prepared this is a big salad that is great for meal prepping and filling you up!
Ingredients You Will Need
How To Make Butternut Squash Kale Salad
Servings: 8 | Course: Salads | Cuisine: American
- 10-12 oz Baby Kale
- 1 Cup Butternut Squash (cubed)
- 5-6 Pearl Onions (halved)
- 4 Eggs (hard-boiled)
- 1 Avocado (cubed)
- 1 Apple (diced)
- ½ Cup Blueberries
- ½ Cup Raisins
- ½ Cup Pine Nuts
- 2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 2 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Activated Charcoal Sea Salt
Prep: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 30 minutes
Time needed: 40 minutes.
- Cooking the Butternut Squash
1. Preheat oven to 425 °F.
2. Add 1 cup of cubed butternut squash and 5-6 pearl onions to a lined baking pan. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt + pepper to flavor.
3. Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes or until brown.
- Cooking the Hard-Boiled Eggs
1. In a pot bring, Add in your eggs.
2. Pour water on top of your eggs until they are submerged. Add 1 Tbsp Apple Cider and cover until water comes to a boil. (The ACV helps with easy removal of the shell).
3. Once water is boiling turn off the heat and let sit for 6 minutes for medium-boiled eggs. Salt to taste.
- Steps to Preparing the Salad
1. In a salad bowl, add your Baby Kale.
2. Add in your Roasted Butternut Squash and Pearl Onions along with your Medium Boiled Eggs.
3. Then, add in Avocado, Apples, Blueberries, Raisins, Pine Nuts, and Activated Charcoal Salt.
4. Lastly, add in Lemon Juice, Balsamic Vinegar, Apple Cider & Olive oil. Stir well and enjoy by itself or with Seared Salmon or Tofu!