Our Brazil Nuts 101 is everything you need to know about Brazil nuts. From nutrition, health benefits, and how to use Brazil nuts!
Brazil nuts are native to the Amazon rainforest in Brazil, Bolivia, and Peru. Their smooth, buttery texture and nutty flavor make for an energy-packed & nutritional-filled snack!
Brazil nuts are high in antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals, making them a nutritious powerhouse. They are especially abundant in selenium, a mineral with powerful antioxidant qualities. They may help to reduce inflammation, promote cognitive function, and promote thyroid and heart health. (1)
1 Ounce (28 grams) of raw unroasted Brazil nuts contains:
- Fiber: 2 grams
- Protein: 4 grams
- Fat: 18 grams
- Carbs: 3 grams
Benefits of Brazil Nuts
- High in selenium which aids your immune system and thyroids.
- Aids bone health with calcium and magnesium.
- Improves brain health due to antioxidants.
- Nutrient-dense such as vitamin b and e.
- May reduce inflammation and oxidative stress.
- Aids in heart health with healthy fatty acids.
- Rich in minerals and fiber.
What you can make with Brazil Nuts
- Nut Butter
- Nut Milk
- Nut Flour/Meal/Pulp
- Nut/Granola Bars
- Candied Nuts
- Baked Goods
- Garnishing for salads, yogurts, and etc.